The Sigurtà Park
The Sigurtà Garden-Park has a surface of fifty hectares and it is found on the borders of the morainic hills, near the Lake Garda at only eight kilometers from Peschiera.
It has its origins from "brolo cinto de muro" (1617) of Villa Maffei (work of art by V. Pellesina, student of Palladio) and in 1859 it was the Headquarters of Napoleon III.
In forty years of loving care, Carlo Sigurtà, making use of a secular right to tap into water from the Mincio, obtained the "prodigious" of making the arid hill vegetation luxurious.
Afterwards, his grandson Enzo made a prototype of Park-Garden.
After the opening to the public (1978) the conservation of this ecological compound was entrusted to the respect of visitors, that defined it a real Temple of Nature, so much that today the Park-Garden is considered among the most beautiful five on earth.
There are many activities that can be done, from bicycle riding to the small train that takes you around to see the wonders of this garden.